During the provincewide shutdown that begins on December 26, 2020, libraries must be closed temporarily, but may offer a curbside pickup service. The Timmins Public Library will offer the following:
Services available at both branches
- Use our curbside pickup service to borrow books, movies, magazines, and more (place holds ahead of time online, by email or by phone).
- Return your materials in the book drop.
Services online/by phone:
- Place holds on materials online or over the phone and pick up through the curbside pickup service.
- Obtain reference services by email or by phone
- Sign up for a library card online or by phone
- Visit the Library’s eResources page to access eBooks, eAudio Books, eMagazines, eResources and movies (Overdrive/Libby, Cantook, Ancestry, RB Digital, Hoopla streaming service, etc.) with your library card number and PIN. If you need help with your PIN#, please call us at 705-360-2623 or send us an email at email@example.com.
- Try out our Tumble Book Library featuring animated, talking picture books which teach young children the joys of reading in a format they’ll love.
- Online programming for all ages – Follow our Facebook page for more information.
Services not available:
- Browsing collections.
- Public computers, printing, photocopying, faxing and scanning services.
Please note that overdue fines continue to be waived at this time and extended loan periods still apply. (4 weeks for books, 2 weeks for magazines and DVDs) We continue to quarantine all incoming material for 72 hours.
We wish all of our patrons a safe and happy holiday season.
Carole-Ann Demers, CEO, Timmins Public Library firstname.lastname@example.org 705-360-2623 x8517