Here’s what you need to know.
Monday – Thursday: 1 – 6 p.m.
Friday: 1 p.m. – 5 p.m.
Saturday – Sunday: Closed
C.M. Shields Branch
Currently open for curbside pick-up only.
Hours are subject to change.
- Holds pick-up
- Browsing and borrowing materials in quick visits
- Limited computer use
- Printing, faxing, scanning, photocopying
- eLibrary Card upgrades
- Reference service
- Returns in book drop
CURBSIDE PICK-UP HOURS
This service will continue. Place items on hold and pick them up when you’re notified that they’re ready. Curbside Hours: Mon-Thu 10 a.m. – 6 p.m and Fri 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
HEALTH & SAFETY PRECAUTIONS
The well-being of staff and patrons is always our top priority.
What we’re asking you to do:
- Stay home if you are unwell.
- Have a quick visit. (up to 45 minutes)
- Keep 2 metres apart.
- Sanitize hands.
- Wear a mask, as per the PHU directive.
- Follow all directional signs and floor markings.
What we’re doing to keep you safe:
- Continuing to offer curbside pick-up.
- Following new cleaning and disinfecting protocols.
- Washing our hands frequently and wearing PPE to handle material.
- Quarantining returned items for 72 hours.
- Limiting building capacity, as required.
- Wearing a mask or face covering while in public areas of the library, as per the PHU directive.
LIMITED COMPUTER USE
- Sessions limited to 45 minutes per day.
- By appointment only. (reserve by phone, email or in person at the reference desk)
- Workstations disinfected between each use.
- Limited computer assistance.
- Printing available.
- Wi-Fi available (45 minutes inside)
RETURNING ITEMS AND OVERDUE FINES
- Returns will only be accepted in the book drop.
- Returned items will be quarantined for 72 hours before they are checked in on your account.
- No overdue fines will be charged during this time.
SERVICES NOT AVAILABLE RIGHT NOW
- Meeting room and study room bookings
- In-person programs inside the library
- Public Washrooms
- Toys, puzzles, early literacy stations, board games
- Food or beverages in the library
- Seating/extended use of the library space
- Outreach delivery
- Outdoor reading kits
- Interlibrary Loans
- Donations not accepted at this time
- 3D Printer