Borrow movies, television shows, documentaries, music, eBooks, comics and audiobooks for free. You can borrow titles via a web browser, smartphone, tablet or your television.
Good to know
- Borrow up to 8 items per month. Limits reset on the first of each month. Unused checkouts do not rollover to the next month.
- Items will be automatically returned when the loan period is over so there are never any fines.
- Movie and TV content is available for 3 days.
- Music albums are available for 7 days.
- Audiobooks, eBooks and comics are available for 21 days.
- There are no holds or wait lists.
- You can return an item early but this does not allow you to borrow more than 8 items per month.
- Content can be streamed from the internet or, if using the hoopla app, downloaded for offline use.
- Streaming from hoopla uses your data. A regular-length movie uses about 1GB; an album uses about 35 MB of data.
- A Kids Mode is available with content that hoopla has selected for children up to age 12. Once you are logged in, go to your settings in the right hand of the screen and select Kids Mode.
- Go to the hoopla log in page.
- Click Get Started.
- Follow the on screen instructions to create an account with your Library Card number and email address.
- hoopla supports all major browsers but some browsers require third-party plugins for media playback:
- Mozilla Firefox: Adobe Flash Player is required for audio playback and Google Widevine is required for video playback.
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 11: Adobe Flash Player is required for audio playback and, if using Windows 7 or 8, Microsoft Silverlight is required for video playback.
- Safari: Microsoft Silverlight is required for video playback.
- If required, you will be prompted by the web browser to download a plug-in the first time an attempt to listen or view content is made. This is a one-time installation and the prompt for the plug-in should not appear again.
- Start browsing and borrowing!
Download the app
You can access hoopla on iOS 11.0 or later, Android 4.4 and up, and through Airplay, Android TV, Amazon FireStick, Apple TV, Chromecast or Roku. For specific instructions on downloading to your television, please check out hoopla’s help page.
For a video introduction to the hoopla app and answers to FAQs, visit hoopla’s help page and click on iOS Basics or Android Basics.
For more help, please visit the hoopla’s help page.