The mission statement articulates the Board’s and the staff’s shared understanding of the purpose of the library and whom it serves. It inspires those who work on behalf of the library and provides a compass for action. This policy ensures that the mission statement remains relevant and central to the library’s operations.
- The mission statement is used as a decision-making framework for the Board and staff. All strategic decisions of the library need to support the mission.
- The mission statement is developed, reviewed and/or revised by the Board as part of the planning cycle.
- The Timmins Public Library’s mission statement must:
- be short, clear, and concise
- be relevant to the direction of the library
- be easily understood by people both inside and outside of the library
- guide the actions of the Board and staff
Approved Mission Statement – June 2018
The Timmins Public Library’s Mission Statement:
A vibrant, welcoming and evolving community hub that provides inclusive access to knowledge, information and recreation.