The Board’s vision statement describes the future success of the library. By creating a compelling vision, the Board encourages action that moves the library towards a desirable future. This policy ensures that the Board and staff are guided by a clearly articulated vision.
- The vision statement is used as a decision-making framework for Board and staff.
- All strategic decisions of the Board need to support the vision.
- The vision statement is developed by the Board as part of the planning cycle.
- The Timmins Public Library’s vision statement must:
- be futuristic, in that it describes what is not yet true
- convey a picture of a desirable future
- be easily understood by people both inside and outside of the library
- guide the actions of the Board and staff
Approved Vision Statement – June 2018
The Timmins Public Library’s Vision Statement:
To be the community leader in providing resources and knowledge sharing opportunities.