The statement of values articulates the Board’s and staff’s shared beliefs about important principles and norms by which the library operates and delivers service. This policy ensures that the Board articulates and reviews its values.
- The statement of values is integrated into the decision making of the Board and the delivery of day-to-day operations and services by the staff.
- The statement of values is developed, reviewed and/or revised by the Board as part of the planning cycle.
The Timmins Public Library’s Statement of Values:
The Library’s values guide its day-to-day actions and express what the Board holds to be of prime importance. For our staff, patrons and community, we are committed to:
- Literacy and lifelong learning
- Free and equitable access
- Customer service excellence
- Community engagement and connecting
- Respect for diverse cultures and beliefs
- Innovation and creativity
- Intellectual freedom