Timmins Public Library participates in Ontario Parks Day-Use Vehicle Permit Lending Program
Timmins Public Library is excited to be one of the many Ontario public libraries taking part in the
Ontario Parks Day-Use Vehicle Permit Lending Program once again this this year. This gives
library patrons the opportunity to borrow a day-use permit free of charge, which provides access
for one vehicle and its occupants to more than 100 provincial parks in Ontario. The program
starts May 17, 2023 just in time for the Victoria Day long weekend.
This initiative through Ontario Parks is an effort to help more Ontarians to get outside and enjoy
their local provincial parks, making it more affordable to do so. For more information about the
links between nature and well-being and Ontario Parks’ response initiative, visit the Ontario
Parks Healthy Parks, Healthy People program website.
Borrowing an Ontario Parks Day-Use Vehicle Permit from your library:
• Permits can be borrowed for 7 days, with a limit of one per household
• 6 permits are available for borrow. 4 at the Main Branch in Timmins and 2 at the C.M.
Shields Centennial Branch in South Porcupine
• Permits may only be borrowed on an Adult membership card that is in good standing
• Permits can be renewed twice (for 1 week) as long as there are no other holds on them
• Holds can be placed in the library catalogue by searching “Ontario Parks Day-Use
• Replacement fees for lost permits will apply. The replacement cost is $99.00.
• We recommend you call 705-360-2623 ext. 8519 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to check
Things to keep in mind when planning your provincial park visit:
• An Ontario Parks Day-Use Vehicle Permit provides day-use access (does not include
camping fees) to Ontario Parks provincial parks.
• The permit is for day use entry for all occupants in the vehicle (excludes buses).
• Permits must be displayed on the rear-view mirror or dashboard of the vehicle while it is
in a park.
• We recommend that you check the Ontario Parks website for up-to-date information to
plan your trip.
• The Day-Use Vehicle Permit does not guarantee park entry; park capacity limitations still
apply. We recommend that patrons reserve a spot in advance, with the number on their
• Visit the 2023 Operating Dates page to view which parks will be open for your visit.
Ready to explore Ontario? Don’t forget to borrow an Outdoor Reading Kit:
The Timmins Public Library offers Children’s Outdoor Reading Kits available in French and
English. Each kit features books related to the topic, a journal to share your experiences, a minitrail guide, and a compass.
• Stargazing Kits also contain a stargazing chart.
• Bug Identification Kit also contain a pocket microscope. (English only)
• Animal Tracks Kits also contain a magnifying glass.
• Tree/Leaf Identification Kits also contain a magnifying glass.
For more information, please contact:
Carole-Ann Demers, Chief Executive Officer, Timmins Public Library at 705-360-2623, ext.